Sound Unseen is now accepting film submissions via FilmFreeway! Deadlines are noted below. For all details and how to submit, please go to our FilmFreeway page HERE. Festival dates for Sound Unseen 16 are Nov. 11-15, 2015.
FILM SUBMISSION DEADLINES:
- July 6, 2015 – Regular Deadline
- July 31, 2015 – Late Deadline
- August 15, 2015 – Extended Deadline
- September 18, 2015 – Notification Date
- November 11 – 15, 2015 – Festival Dates
Awards & Prizes
There will be a cash prize award to the winning film in competition (competition films are selected by Sound Unseen staff members). There will be a five person jury with six films in competition and the winning film will be announced before the closing night film.
RULES & TERMS
1. Films must be Minnesota, Midwest, US, North American, and/or World premieres to screen at Sound Unseen.
2. Films must be at least MN premieres to be considered and eligible to be accepted into “Competition”
3. Films that have been previously submitted to the Sound Unseen are not eligible.
4. Films must have been completed on or after January 1, 2013.
5. Films in theatrical release in Minnesota prior to, or at the time of the festival (Nov. 11-15, 2015) are not eligible.
6. Film screeners must be submitted via private video screener link with password or DVD. (2 DVD Screeners or one flash drive per entry; NTSC Region 0 or 1)
7. Entrant confirms and warrants required legal authority to submit the entry into the Festival and to use all music, images, and content in the entry.
8. Entrant will allow usage of clips from the film for promotional use on television, radio, in print, and at live Festival events.
9. All entries must be either in English or subtitled in English. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
10. Student film entries must include proof of student status at the time of production (i.e., copy of student ID, transcript, etc. and should be included with DVD screeners or screening link).